Below is work that has been planned for Year 5 pupils during self-isolation and school closure.
- Please choose ONE activity from the 'Class 5 things to do' grid to complete each day. Please use the yellow A5 exercise book where possible. You could add photographs too!
- Remember to use neat handwriting and the spellings you already know.
- Daily maths questions will be posted at the beginning of each day by myself. Please can these be completed in the yellow A5 exercise book. The answers will then be uploaded for the children to self mark. This is a great opportunity to discuss misconceptions. There is also a link to Corbett Maths provided. This provides 5 maths questions a day and also provides the answers.
- In the English subheading, please complete the work in the pink A4 handwriting books. Please also use these for practicing letter formation and also the Year 5 spellings provided. I have provided writing activities, classroom learning, Grammar Hammer, Vocab Ninja and also a variety of information on different grammar. I have tried to cluster everything together in different sub-headings to make everything clearer and user-friendly.
- It is very important to help to support your local community at this time, write a letter or draw a picture to someone in self isolation, video-call or telephone anyone who is on their own.
- Please continue to read books from home and school. I would love to hear about the books that you are all reading and as a class we are brilliant at recommending books to our friends. Let's continue doing this. Remember, we have the blog as a way of communicating as a class. I will keep posting on this so please feel free to comment and update me on your learning.
An example of home learning daily timetable.
9.00-9:30 - Get active! The Body Coach is providing free fitness content on his YouTube channel every weekday morning for children of all ages.
9:30-10.00 - TTRS and Spelling Shed.
10.00-10.30 - Maths (maths activity and Corbett Maths).
10.45-11.00 - Handwriting and spellings,
11.00-12.00 - Writing activity.
Remember, there are also the Grammar Hammer and Vocab Ninja activities available.
Also, MC Grammar is a great way to remind yourself and also to remember different grammatical features that you could use in your writing.
Choose one of the 15 activities to do at home to complete.
My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org - please feel free to contact with with any questions, queries or exciting pieces of work that you would like to share with me.